Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Look Back: ML @ Termanology - Politics as Usual Listening Party, August 28, 2008





Author: knobbz // Category: From The Underground, Hip-Hop

Termanology had a little listening party for his album Politics as Usual at a trendy sneaker shop called Sole Food last night. I honestly couldn’t hear the album very well because the acoustics were so bad, but I did mingle with some of New York’s finest underground rappers.

Term was just as cool as he was when I hollered at him. He told me that he had a crazy party at his house last night and I asked him if he wanted to come play beer pong at my dorm after the listening party. He respectfully declined.

As more people showed up, I noticed Torae who had good news: his upcoming album with Marco Polo, Double Barrel, is finished. Other than that, Tor mostly kept to himself and flipped through a XXL. Donny Goines on the other hand was just like he appears in all of his videos: very forthcoming and talkative. Both dudes showed ML love.

Next, I talked to Statik Selektah who seemed to be having a great time. He also showed ML love and asked if I’d seen his new video. He had played some stuff off his album earlier including a dope Jadakiss track and a funny skit with The Madd Rapper. Before I left, I hit up Lil Fame who had the shiniest teeth I’d seen all night. You would never guess from talking to him that he’s such a good producer. I usually think of producers as wise men who flip through obscure records all day, but Lil Fame had no seriousness about him at all, just a regular guy.

If you were looking to hear more about the album, check Aaron’s account of Term’s earlier listening party.

No comments:

Post a Comment